The Hong Kong Aircrew Officers Association (HKAOA) was first registered as a Trade Union in 1963 to represent Pilots and Flight Engineers employed by Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. Our constructive engagement with the Company continues to deliver beneficial agreement on issues of importance to all Cathay Pacific Pilots.
Currently, we have over 1900 members who are based in Hong Kong, Europe New Zealand and North America.
HKAOA is one of two trade unions in the AOA Group representing the pilots of Cathay Pacific. Australia AOA represents pilots based in Australia.
To liaise with the Company and other institutions on behalf of the Membership. To strive for the enhancement of life for Aircrew to the mutual benefit of Members and Cathay Pacific Airways.
The main Objectives of the Association are:
- To Protect and further the interests of the Aircrew Profession and to safeguard and improve the interests and rights of Members of the Association.
- To take any lawful action deemed desirable for the benefit and advancement of Members and their families.
- To take any lawful action deemed desirable to further the interests of Aviation.
- To regulate the relations between Members and their employers.
- To secure unity of action, in order to protect and further the interests of Members.